actively loving and serving our neighbors
- Preparing and serving a lunch at Spirit of Hope Soup Kitchen four times a year.
- Collecting non-perishable food items for Crossroads every Sunday.
- Participating with other Grosse Pointe Churches in Grosse Pointe Partners, working with Habitat Grosse Pointe Partners and other non-profit organizations to provide decent, affordable housing in the Greater Detroit Area.
- Providing a meal at Crossroads Soup Kitchen on the July Fourth weekend for as many as 800 guests, a project which involves over 30 St. Michael’s members.
- Participating in the Church World Service Group CROP WALK that raises funds to feed the hungry at home and around the world.
- Joining with Mariners Inn in their Adopt-a-Family celebration, where St. Michael’s members were able to provide Christmas gifts for eight families (40 individuals).
- Providing financial support to Crossroads, Mariners Inn and Episcopal Relief and Development.
- In addition to the committee’s activities, a gift from the Brown Fund was sent to Friends of the Episcopal Diocese of Jerusalem to further their work in the Middle East.
opportunities to love and serve
More information about Outreach and Volunteering is in the Information Center or contact Bill Davenport.